Monday, June 4, 2007

Progress....

This is a new shopping center that is being built in my old stomping grounds. I grew up in a suburb of Omaha. This is in Papillion, where I went to high school. When I was little, and not even that long ago, this whole area was farmland. I was amazed to see all of the stores that are already opened in the area. It will be beautiful when it is finished, but it was kind of sad also. The whole area is soooo different from how I remember it. I guess it's all in the name of progress.

1 comment:

REENblack said...

Wow, lots of construction everywhere! That is right where we will be living when we get there...I think. Very sad to see the places you grew up change! The apartment building we lived in for three years on base was just demolished, and I'm sure there will be a LOT of changes when we get back to WA for the first time in almost 5 years!!!