Sunday, May 6, 2007

I guess I asked for it!

So, the other day, when I posted the storm picture and mentioned how excited I was for thunderstorm season to start, maybe I should have clarified WHEN I wanted a storm! It seems that someone was paying attention to me, and wanted to give me a nice birthday present. Yup, today is my birthday!!!!!!! (Nope, I'm not saying how many:-) )
Last night, I was supposed to go to a concert for a while, and also two parties. (that might give you some idea of what age range I fall into!) However, there were crazy storms, and it seemed safer for a little while to stay at home. My mom, who lives about 20 minutes away from me, called and said that a tornado had touched down between where she is and Omaha. The storms were headed pretty much straight for Omaha. So, I stayed home for a while, and missed the concert. I kept myself busy, though, taking 8,000 pictures in the hopes of getting a fun lightning shot! So, today's post represents nature's early birthday present to me!

11 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh, cool shot! And Happy Birthday!

Janet said...

Happy birthday! Great lightning streak!

pusa said...

happy birthday and what a nice birthday present you've got, lightning and all!

Monsieur Pain d'épices said...

bonne anniversaire...

Gerald (SK14) said...

great shot of the bolt

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

First of all: Buon Compleanno that in English sounds: Happy Birthday eheh !!! But not second, my best compliments. At the end 8,000 shots made one and great !!!

Anonymous said...

still, Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Feliz cumpleaños !!!!

Dsole said...

8000 FOTOS!!??
en serio??
Oye MUCHISISISISISIMAS FELICIDADES!!!
Por tu cumple y por tu foto!! espectacular!!!!!
Pues te mando 8000 tirones de oreja!!(ya que no nos dices cuantos te caen... )
;P
Un saludo!

Omaheña said...

Ok, ok, I guess I should have posted a disclaimer: I have a slight tendency to exaggerate. Well, not really, but if I want to say a LOT of something, for some reason 8,000 tends to be my random number lately. So, no, I did not really take 8,000 photos.
I did however take somewhere around 40, which felt like a lot.

Anonymous said...

This shot is beautiful! I have a Canon Xti and was trying to get a similar shot, but had no luck! I guess you have to keep shooting!!!